San Mateo County residents who meet eligibility guidelines for highest risk for monkeypox may sign up to be notified about vaccination opportunities.
If you meet the eligibility guidelines listed below, click here to answer questions and sign up to be notified about monkeypox vaccination opportunities when they become available.
The eligibility guidelines for monkeypox vaccination are:
Tier I Priority Group
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) vaccine for contacts of a monkeypox case
Tier II Priority Groups
Gay, bisexual, and other men (including cisgender and transgender men) who have sex with men (MSM) or transgender women who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have been diagnosed with a recent sexually transmitted infection (e.g., chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis), OR
- Have recently engaged in group sex with other men, OR
- Have recently had sex with anonymous male partners, OR
- Have recently attended sex-on-premises venues (e.g., saunas, bathhouses, sex clubs), OR
- Have recently engaged in survival and/or transactional sex, OR
- Persons who have conditions that cause immunocompromise